1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you search for or buy a product or service, or when you supply information such as your address, e-mail or phone number. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you. Please note that we DO NOT store credit card information.
- Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
- Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This may include updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
- Internal Use. We use your information to better serve you by providing a customized shopping experience. We also use collected information for internal use such as analyzing trends and statistics, creation of your personalized “my account” section, and sending catalogues and newsletters by mail or e-mail.
- Agents. We employ external agents for some services such as shipping and credit card processing. In order to use these services we must provide them with some of your personal information. These companies work with us with the understanding that they are not permitted to retain, share, store or use your information for any purpose aside from assisting in your customer transaction with AnticaNYC.
- Special Offers. At times, we partner with third parties to provide specific services, such as sending our e-mail newsletters and mailing catalogues. When you sign up to receive newsletters or mailings, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These companies work with us with the understanding that they are not permitted to retain, share, store or use your information for any purpose aside from assisting in your customer transaction with AnticaNYC.
3. How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- We reveal only the first and last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
4. External Links